of memoirs and musings

random recollections.silly sampat stories.wistful wanderlust.serendipitous discoveries.all things me.


soundtrack of my life

As requested by Eyeris...

One song… from your early childhood: Karma Chameleon, by Culture Club
I remember singing along each time this song came on the transistor radio; warbling the chorus plus the last word of each line, I don't think I knew what I was singing though. At 5 years old, Boy George was the coolest artist I've ever seen and heard.

One song… you are associating with your first big love: Goodbye My Lover, by James Blunt
My first big love was also the one that hurt the most and if I had a MV for it, this would be the song.

One song… which reminds you of one of your holidays: Breathe Easy, by Blue
This song popped up everywhere when toAdie, Sugeo and I were backpacking Europe in the summer of '04. It became our theme song for the trip and we initially messed up the lyrics to "I....... caaaaan't belieeeevve it" haha...

One song… you like, but you have got problems confessing to: Sometimes, by Britney Spears
Aiyeeerrr... I know, I know... dunnolah, I just like lah...

One song… which accompanied you, while you were lovesick: My Immortal, by Evanescence
The soaring melody and piano is balm for the soul...

One song… you listened to most often in your life: Bridge Over Troubled Water, by Simon and Garfunkel
This song always seem to find its way into my life every now and again.

One song… which is your most favoured instrumental: Main theme of Beautiful Life
I thought so hard and I couldn't name any, so I guess the soundtrack of this all-time favourite Japanese drama would have to suffice. I like most instrumental pieces with guitar, piano and/or cello :)

One song… which represents one of your most favoured bands: Champagne Supernova, by Oasis

One song… in which you recognize yourself or through which you feel somehow understood: Other Hours, by Harry Connick, Jr.
When I first heard this song in entirety, I was so overwhelmed I ended up in tears.

One song… which reminds you to a certain occasion (and the occasion): No Surprises, by Radiohead
Reminds me of the whimsical days of wandering the streets of Barcelona.

One song… you like which belongs to the Hip Hop/Rap genre: Show Me Your Soul, by P.Diddy, Lenny Kravitz, Pharrell Williams and Loon
I absolutely adore this song... pure booty-shakin' glee!

One song… which is the best for you to relax: Dong Feng Po, by Jay Chou
Actually, any of of Jay Chou's ballads will do. I've got all of his albums in my iPod and there's a playlist called Jay Therapy, my ultimate stress buster.

One song… which symbolizes a great time in your life: Song 2, by Blur
Sixth Form in Bukit Bintang Boys School, PJ... ultimate time of my life.

One song… which is your most favourite song at the moment: No Worries, by Simon Webbe
"I just know your life's gonna change..." Oh yeah...

One song… which you would dedicate to your best friend: Kau Ilhamku, by Man Bai
The signature song from our school days era, spot on for the memories and the countless times we stood strong for each other.

One song… where you have got the feeling that no one besides you likes it: Silencio, by Ibrahim Ferrer with Omara Portuondo
Such a sad song sung with such depth of emotions...

One song… you like because of its lyrics: Getaran Jiwa, by P. Ramlee
So very simple. Me like.

One song… you like very much and which is not in German or English: Und Wenn Ein Lied, by Söhne Mannheims
Okie, it's German but I don't really speak German what... heh, anyway I love Xavier Naidoo and Söhne Mannheims loads.

One song… which helps you to work off: Vindicated, by Dashboard Confessional
Spider-Man 2 OST is great for lepas tension moments.

One song… which should be played at your funeral: I Will Follow You Into the Dark, by Death Cab for Cutie
Heee... I don't think it's very appropriate but it's very dear to me, so I guess they won't mind granting the deceased punya wish. If not, just play Jay Chou lah... I'll go happy!

Must tag someone ah? Okie, Meng Teck then, since he's quite free in Xinjiang, China haha... and anyone else who wants lah.

"Songs are a soundtrack to our lives." midnite lily

6 Responses to “soundtrack of my life”

  1. # Blogger eyeris

    I KNEW simon webbe would be in there somewhere. haha  

  2. # Blogger carinasuyin

    Hee... baru beli mah, on heavy rotation lah :P  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I stumbled upon your blog firstly from homecoming then to ben tan. I really like your eye in photography. There are some really nice pics there, a wordsmith as well. Excellent. We'll keep a browsing bookmark on this.

    Rizumu  

  4. # Blogger carinasuyin

    Rizumu: Thanks a lot! :)  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    u quoted me... *^_^*  

  6. # Blogger carinasuyin

    midnite lily: yeah! 'twas very apt and true a description... :)  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carinasuyin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates


kuala lumpur, malaysia & singapore




© 2004-2006 of memoirs and musings | Powered by Blogger and Gecko&Fly.
Please do not reproduce any part of the content or the blog without author's prior permission or proper attribution.
carinasuyin [at]gmail[dot]com