of memoirs and musings

random recollections.silly sampat stories.wistful wanderlust.serendipitous discoveries.all things me.


« Home

About me

27 things of little significant importance...
  1. My superpower is the ability to command the rain by singing.
  2. A LEGO set, an arts supply store or a digital camera can keep me amused for hours.
  3. My late maternal grandmother said I gave people diarrhea with my horrendous Hokkien. My Cantonese isn't any better but I can converse decently in Mandarin.
  4. I love coffee, teh peng, jelly beans, Belgian chocolates, sze chuan pickled vegetable, hokkien char with lotsa crispy pork lard cubes, putu piring, San Crispino gelato, rendang ayam, The Daily Scoop ice-cream, Secret Recipe's chocolate banana cake, mille-feuilles, and uhm yeah, the list goes on...
  5. I am 100% Libran. Good and bad.
  6. I've played a seven-year old boy named Andrew in a theatre production when I was 23 years old.
  7. The Carpenters, Coldplay, Corinne Bailey Rae, Damien Rice, David Gray, David Tao, Death Cab for Cutie, Evanescence, Five for Fighting, Harry Connick, Jr, Ibrahim Ferrer, Jack Johnson, Jacky Cheung, Jay Chou, Jason Mraz, John Legend, John Mayer, Katie Melua, Kings of Convenience, Maroon 5, Marvin Gaye, No Doubt, Oasis, Simon & Garfunkel, Simon Webbe, Snow Patrol, Söhne Mannheims, Wang Leehom, and Xavier Naidoo are some of the artists on usual heavy play rotation in my iPod mini.
  8. `of memoirs and musings' is the title of my Scene Study class journal. Journal-keeping started when I took theatre modules in university with two inspiring teachers: Rohaizad Suaidi and Rey Buono.
  9. I am hopelessly easy to be made happy with new books, good food, my family and dear friends.
  10. I grew up next to the zoo but I didn't grow up like a monkey.
  11. Solitary walks before the rain, especially when it's windy, makes me happy.
  12. It would be great to marry David Tao.
  13. I adore Puma sneakers, golden retrievers, IKEA and meerkats.
  14. When I was a kid, my dream was to work on board the Calypso with the late Jacques-Yves Cousteau. I wasn't interested to go to the moon.
  15. New Zealand, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Turkey and Indonesia are the countries I want to visit next.
  16. I do not have an affinity with the colour pink and Hello Kitty is gross.
  17. I find guys who play the acoustic guitar or the piano, very very hot.
  18. toAdie thinks that St. Carina is the patron saint of talking too much.
  19. My favourite city visited thus far is Barcelona, Spain.
  20. My ring finger is longer than my index finger on both hands.
  21. Aodhán is a really cool name of Celtic origins. It means fire.
  22. When I get married, there will be six bridesmaids at my church wedding. Hopefully I do get married haha...
  23. Atah (dad), Mama (mom), Supra (sis), and Sugeo (bro) call me Suyino or Ah Cheh.
  24. Tawny port is more delicious than champagne.
  25. RoP:E (Rite of Passage:Europe) is my pet project came true in the summer before my 25th birthday!
  26. Pureen baby powder is wonderful.
  27. It took a ridiculously long amount of time to come up with this list.


of memoirs and musings by carinasuyin

.: A girl trying to find herself and an online repository to bear witness :.

"...this is not a story about taking off but a story about to take off..."
from L'Auberge Espagnole, 2002


E-mail me at carinasuyin [at]gmail[dot]com
View my Blogger profile here

0 Responses to “About me”

Post a Comment

Previously...

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carinasuyin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates


kuala lumpur, malaysia & singapore




© 2004-2006 of memoirs and musings | Powered by Blogger and Gecko&Fly.
Please do not reproduce any part of the content or the blog without author's prior permission or proper attribution.
carinasuyin [at]gmail[dot]com