of memoirs and musings

random recollections.silly sampat stories.wistful wanderlust.serendipitous discoveries.all things me.


la vie boheme

I started keeping a blog after returning from an entire month of backpacking Europe in the summer of 2004. Facing a quarter-life-crisis, restless and lost, I took up the suggestion to blog from Adrian (who's been a mentor of sorts in more ways than he knows). All these stuff in my head, my heart, and through my eyes, they had to be deposited somewhere before they each fade from existence in Father Time's hands.

So much have transpired as the years flew. I fell in and out of love. I made new friends and rediscovered old ones. I still have not found my calling but I know for sure what I love to do, what is important in my life and most of all, what is worth fighting for. Inspirations and epiphanies came from numerous people and places, sometimes those least expected. Milan Kundera inspired me to look for the accidental beauty in life. Ah Tan taught me the contentment that comes with jian dan de xing fu (simple happiness) and the courage to pursue love. Tommy Oshima showed me the power of preserving a moment and let it echo for eternity. Strangers wrote in to tell me how certain photographs of mine or my pieces of writings touched their lives.

Looking through the archives, I find myself relieving a myriad of moments. Some made me cringe, some made me cry all over again, some made me ponder even more but mostly, they made me smile, grin or guffaw in laughter. For the almost 250-odd posts, there are possibly a thousand more not put in writing. Thus, for all these and for more that is to come, I am brimming over with gratitude. Tomorrow as I blow out the candles to my twenty-seventh year, I only have one wish.

To be useful.

8 Responses to “la vie boheme”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Your wish has oredi been answered even before you made it.

    Blessed birthday.  

  2. # Blogger Amy W.

    hey happy happy birthday!

    1) amazing how the world is so small, that we never knew each other in school, but become acquaintances later on due to mutual friends (or more like, a mutual club!)

    2) u share the same birthday as another friend of mine who's also applying for chevening!

    hope u have a great day! and a great year ahead, to have an even greater year the next :)  

  3. # Blogger J.C.Morgado

    Hermosa sonrisa !!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    happy belated birthday carina! Tukk tukk channngggg!
    xoxo Zoe  

  5. # Blogger carinasuyin

    a chinese guy in colchester: *grin* terima kasih yeah!

    amy w.: Thanks for the wishes!

    juan carlos morgado: Heee :)

    zoe: Zoeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Tuk chang tuk chang! *hugz*  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    happy belated birthday.you have grown up sweetly and wonderfully.i am proud of you.
    ex bb teacher  

  7. # Blogger carinasuyin

    ex bb teacher: Eh, siapa ni? Hee... Hallo teacher! Thanks 'cher :) *beams*  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    e=mc square  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carinasuyin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates


kuala lumpur, malaysia & singapore




© 2004-2006 of memoirs and musings | Powered by Blogger and Gecko&Fly.
Please do not reproduce any part of the content or the blog without author's prior permission or proper attribution.
carinasuyin [at]gmail[dot]com