of memoirs and musings

random recollections.silly sampat stories.wistful wanderlust.serendipitous discoveries.all things me.


baking therapy



Inspired by the lovely Korean drama series that Ah Tan and I are surreptitiously addicted to, we did some baking (God bless our most wonderful landlady for the Ariston oven)! Mexican wedding walnut cookies and vanilla muffins with peanut butter filling and chocolate chips... Hope they cheer our dear friend up!

"The body asks the heart, if I am in pain the doctor will cure me, but if you are in pain, who is going to cure you? The heart replies, only I can cure myself. Maybe that is why, each person have their own way of healing the pain in their hearts. Drink, sing, throw a tantrum, cry, laugh, talk to a friend, travel, run a marathon. The worst thing to do is to ignore the heart pain. My healing therapy is to wake up at dawn like this, bake a cake and make cookies. When my father passed away suddenly, and my once fiery love ended, when I felt put down, I will always bake at dawn in the kitchen and console myself with the wonderful smell. Is there any more beautiful therapy than this in the world?"
Kim Sam Soon in My Name is Kim Sam Soon

6 Responses to “baking therapy”

  1. # Blogger juliana

    thanks for the wishes... u're so gonna kill me.. coz i was in singapore on the 29th of august.. till like 31st morning!!.. but had some auditions for travel and living but didnt make it thougghhh!! :( and i had the evening off since i didnt make it to the final rounds.. and then i thought of u.. and have no idea how to call u up!! :)  

  2. # Blogger carinasuyin

    hee...takpelah; save my number into the hp, then you can call me up the next time you're here! :)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Thank you so much for the cookies and muffins!  

  4. # Blogger carinasuyin

    You're most welcomed! :)  

  5. # Blogger J.C.Morgado

    mmmm se ven muy exquisitos aquellos pastelillos, me encantan tus fotografías.

    Que tengas buena semana
    ;)  

  6. # Blogger carinasuyin

    Muchas gracias, Juan Carlos! You have a great week too, okie?  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carinasuyin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates


kuala lumpur, malaysia & singapore




© 2004-2006 of memoirs and musings | Powered by Blogger and Gecko&Fly.
Please do not reproduce any part of the content or the blog without author's prior permission or proper attribution.
carinasuyin [at]gmail[dot]com