of memoirs and musings

random recollections.silly sampat stories.wistful wanderlust.serendipitous discoveries.all things me.


sepet

"... You like who you like lah..." - Orked's lament in the bedroom conversation with Lin.

Just watched Sepet, a Malaysian feature film by Yasmin Ahmad. A lovely paean to first love, lovingly told without losing itself into a commentary on racial, religious and moral issues. I can go on and on and on about why I loved this movie, why I raved and am raving about it to everyone I know, why I am going to buy the vcd/dvd when it's out and why I am going to watch it a few more times. But I think it will suffice to say that this is one of the rare Malaysian stories which is told with such honesty and simplicity that it finds its way into your heart and stay on your mind long after you have left the cinema.

Opening in Malaysia February 24th, 2005 Posted by Hello

1 Responses to “sepet”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    thank you, carina, for opening your heart to my little film. i hope you will enjoy "gubra", my third film. your sincere comments will remind me to make all my films as honestly as i can.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from carinasuyin. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates


kuala lumpur, malaysia & singapore




© 2004-2006 of memoirs and musings | Powered by Blogger and Gecko&Fly.
Please do not reproduce any part of the content or the blog without author's prior permission or proper attribution.
carinasuyin [at]gmail[dot]com